Hi! My name is Luis and I'm an assistant editor. Recently I was tasked with rebuilding a Premiere timeline made up of video clips and replacing them with multicam groups that have both audio and video. I think this can be sped up with the use of scripting, and I need someone who is familiar with this type of programming to make it work.
In a few steps, I'd need the program to:
1. Go to the first clip in the timeline
2. Copy the clip's timecode at the start of the clip.
3. Find the multicam sequence named like the tape name of the clip.
4. Go to the timecode we copied earlier.
5. Overwrite the new multicam group above our original clip and ending wherever the clip ends.
6. Move on to the next clip and repeat 2-5.
I'm happy to provide more information if needed. Excited to be working with you!