Goal: Define a 2, 3 or 4 segment solution for the survey response data
Jobs to be done methodology we have followed
2. Define customer need statements.
3. Do survey. Ask for respondents to rate importance and satisfaction of each need statement.
What you need to do:
4. Calculate importance of each need statement using the following method:
1. Calculate percentage of responses that are either a 4 or a 5 and multiply by 10 to get number out of 10; e.g. 45% of respondents rated the need as either a 4 (very important) or a 5 (extremely important). Therefore the score is 4.5.
2. Use the same approach to calculate satisfaction.
5. Calculate the Opportunity Score
1. Opportunity score = Importance + MAX ( ( Importance - Satisfaction ) , 0)
6. Plot the Opportunity Score on the Opportunity Map
1. Refer to this video: [url removed, login to view]
2. PLEASE WATCH THE VIDEO. IT IS MANDATORY IF YOU ACCEPT THIS PROJECT. IT WILL SHOW YOU THE OUTPUT WE NEED.
7. Perform cluster analysis (SPSS or alternative tool) to find a segment of the market that is underserved (see video).
8. Perform a factor analysis using the profiling questions (questions 2 through 8 ) to understand what the respondents in this cluster share in common with each other.
*Notes on the survey*
Question 1 - This is a screener question. If they do not play Electric Guitar they were disqualified from the survey. There are 212 complete complete responses.
Questions 2 to 8 are profile questions.
Questions 9 and 10 are JOB MAP questions asking about the importance and satisfaction of each job step. This is to understand which job steps to focus on. If they are answered “Very important” or “Extremely important” for a job step, then we asked them the follow up questions with the related customer need statements. For example, if they answered “very important” or “extremely important” to question 9.1 (“figure out the next step in my journey”), then we also asked them question 11 and 12. You can see the title of the questions match. Also note that question 11 and 12 ask about the same customer need statements, but one asks for importance and one asks for satisfaction.
Questions 11 and 12 are about pricing.
Here is a link to the survey: [url removed, login to view]
If you are accepted for the job I will send you the survey data.
Hello there, I am an expert statistician and would gladly accept your offer for this project. My professionalism is unmatched and thus you should expect nothing but the best. Please consider me, regards.