I run a bookstore.I would require a barcode system in place to maintain inventory and for billing.
1. Barcode needs to be generated for each book. The barcode need to have a "BookTag" which would be used to retrieve data from database. For generating barcode, I would use a barcode printer. Only Book tag should be included in barcode. The data that needs to be included in database would be "Picture, Book Title, Author's name, Edition, Price, Publisher, ISBN no, summary, price, location, qty available, etc".Hope this list would not be a limitation. The barcode thus generated would be stuck on every book. All data would go to "Inventory Database"
2. When we scan the barcode (using barcode scanner), we retrieve the "Book Tag". Now all details of that book should be displayed along with print receipt option. Please take care that people may buy more than one book at a time. The receipt printer would print receipt with our logo with some additional comments like "Books once bought cannot be exchanged or returned". A barcode also needs to be included in the bill so that this can be scanned if somebody comes back with the bill and needs some clarification on that. At that time we would just scan the barcode on receipt and retreive the data from "Receipt Database"
3. Once the book is sold, we need to appropriately update "Inventory database" indicating that the book is sold. Probably you may want to mention the receipt no. in "Inventory database" against "Book Tag"
4. All reports (including financial reports) should be available at any point of time.
5. Customer database also needs to be maintained.
6. If I have one more store, then we should be able to have "Server-Client" setup aswell.
7. The above mentioned points are just an [url removed, login to view] would not be a [url removed, login to view] should be ready to accept any further changes requested at no extra [url removed, login to view] requirements would not deviate from "Point of Sale and Inventory Management System".
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
Mysql database required
C language or any other suitable language can be used. I have no preferences.
Hardwares required for this are - Barcode Reader, Barcode Printer, and Receipt Printer. These will be bought by me depending on the specifications given by coder and of course should be within my budget.
We have 6+ years experience team members and we have done more then 50+ projects in our [url removed, login to view] note we are full feldged developers and work for 17 hours in a [url removed, login to view] are ready to start the project kindly open the もっと