Helpful skills/experience: Woocommerce(WC) theme development, Android development, Custom Web UX implementation
You should be keen on experimenting and learning new things, a lover of great UX and clean web.
A mobile-first light-weight e-commerce website theme needs to be built with the following workflow:
- User visits the website and is presented with a plethora of phone cover designs (like a gallery of images) - For example: [login to view URL] (Also check on mobile)
- By clicking on a design, the product image should expand into a full screen image just like what you see on Google Images website when opened in a mobile browser i.e. same image opening as a popover with description, price and multiple action points. This is to ensure no navigation is involved. We want to do this because this is a mobile-first approach.
--- The detail page will have an option of "Add to Cart" -- its workflow includes custom attributes as explained below:
Add To Cart Procedure:
- Attribute #1 (Choose a phone model):- User can choose from a list of 500 phone models for the same design -> implemented via "search dropdown"
- Add quantity for the chosen model
- Attribute #2 (Add another pair of "model and quantity"):- The user can add as many pairs of "any model and its quantity" to the cart. For example: A user chooses design "D1". Then, he/she can choose multiple phone models along with their respective quantities for ordering.
- Landing Page: A collection of 1000+ products/designs with lazy loading (only load images that are in visible area). Designs/Product images will be provided by us with multiple resolutions for different devices/screens. They are not fixed in number; can be added/deleted any time. For page layout, refer the workflow above.
- Menu (normally hidden under 3 bars): Will have options to navigate to different types(categories) of products like phone covers, mugs, pen drives, etc
- Product detail page: A popover like in google images with option to add to cart. Users can swipe left and right to browse catalog. Also, they can see related product images (with common tags) underneath.
- Related Products: All products that have "tag" in common with the current product will be displayed in the related products section of the detail page.
- Checkout Page: A list of all ordered designs along with their model/quantity pairs (editable)
- Signup Page: Apply for membership; users are business customers. Hence, they need to apply for an account via an application form fillable on the website itself.
Should be built mobile-first as the target audience will be accessing the website on a mobile. The whole website should be AMP enabled so that it loads fastest. To sum up, following is the crux of the requirements:
1) Mobile-first theme design as per workflow explained above
2) Custom attributes on product detail screen
3) AMP enabled for fast loading of website on mobiles
4) Lazy loading of products
5) Signup form to apply for membership
The website has a strictly business use-case - taking orders quick; on mobile. No blogs, SEO, other fancy stuff required.
IF YOU APPLY - PLEASE ANSWER FOLLOWING QUESTIONS IN YOUR APPLICATION
Q. You are the right person to do this project. Why?
Q. What is the most challenging part of this project, if any? and why?
Q. Have you developed any WC supported themes before? Or, customized any at the code level? Please provide any references.
Q. Have you gone through the Google Images website experience before applying for this project? If yes, what difference have you noted with commonly used themes? Can you port it to a WC theme?
Q. Do you think we've explained our requirements properly? Do you have any questions for us? Let's connect.
Q. Not WC? Suggest freely.