Write some Software
プロジェクト予算$30 - $250 USD
EXCEL SEARCH ENGINE SOFTWARE:
My company is in need of a simple Excel search engine. The software needs to be quick and robust for daily use. We are currently searching excel files (sample attached) manually for key words although we would like to expedite this by having a master file with key words/numbers that will expedite the process and automatically search the entire excel file with one click.
STATEMENT OF WORK:
1) What the software must do:
- Select 1 Excel file from a folder. This file will have 1000+ lines (see small sample attached).
- Be able to search for multiple (100-500) different key words (numbers, words, number with letters, etc.) located in a separate excel/word file.
- If there is a key word found on one of the line items it should create a new excel file which will only have the entire lines that have a “hit”. The line that had a key word should be left intact and not modified by the software. If the key word is 1234 and there is a line in the excel that has the number 123456 it should still count this as a hit, minimum of 4 letters/numbers must match.
2) If you are bidding:
Please explain your previous experience writing similar software, how you will be creating the software, and at what price.
3) Additional Wanted Features:
If possible also highlight the key word/number found in yellow.
Please advise if you can provide additional features (such as making dashes “-“ & slashes “/” invisible to the search engine; this would be very helpful because we search for part numbers and sometimes they have a slash in the wrong location. Example: 123456-7, if the document containing the part number 1234567 will your software be able to find the number 123456-7 ?
I would suggest C++ is the best platform to write this software, if different please explain what you will prefer to write the software in and why.
If you have any questions at all please message me. Please keep in mind this is Thanksgiving weekend I might be slow to respond. Thank you very much and I look forward to your proposals!
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online