I am looking to be able to monitor remote systems that are connected via the internet. not as spyware, but as a "client" based application using WMI.
I have a small consulting business, and would like to know when there are problems so I can be more "proactive" than some of my competitors.
I am looking to have system reports added to a web based service or thru a web page.
what I am looking to monitor is the following:
processes, services and service states, drive space, logs (for major items).
the system should be identified by IP address, computer name, domain (if there), workgroup (if not part of a domain).
it should monitor for processes all the time, and service state changes / installs. drive space should be checked ONLY for LOCAL drives, not network / cdrom / floppy drives.
I would like whoever designs the application to also design the web page and the back end database for the application as well.
but back to the client application
overall I would assume the client coding should be very simple.
Also on the client side, I need the ability to have a "licensing" system that Ican send to my clients that allows the client to work for the following time types: 1 month, 3 months, 6 months, 1 year
1) installable client that monitors ONLY that system not entire LAN requiring a "license code" to function. (client should be a windows service working on 2000 pro / server, xp, 2003, provided the .NET framework is installed).
2) key generator for licenses
3) web based application that collects data from any location for the client and adds / updates a database (so that the db doesn't get huge).
4) Full source code for application, services, web site.
this is a basic version of what I am looking for, the devloper that completes this will be contacted to add-ons for this project in the future.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
Windows 2000 pro
Windows XP (Home and Pro)
Windows 2003 Server