(For a spanish version, please check the attachments)
Hi, we are looking for a person who can help us with the analysis and implementation of some improvements that we want to make on our current WebRTC platform. Coneecta is an e-learning project that seeks to connect users to exchange knowledge, facilitate the interaction between they and serve as an intermediary to ensure compliance with the professional agreements they reach. For more details see this: [login to view URL] (only in spanish)
Coneecta offers an integrated videoconferencing system for users to carry out their activities directly on the platform without using a secondary tool for it. This system is based on WebRTC and is precisely the part of the project that we want to improve/upgrade.
Screen sharing functionality within a video conference has been incorporated through a Chrome extension based on an open source library ([login to view URL])
The current version of this entire ecosystem guarantees support for the full features only for Desktop Chrome browsers, for the rest of browsers and devices the functionalities are not guaranteed.
The WebRTC web client is in the [login to view URL] domain and is always used from an iframe of a page in the [login to view URL] domain. This setting could be changed if its pros and cons are well argued. The only need in this regard is that WebRTC Signaling and STUN Servers live on [login to view URL] (a machine other than [login to view URL]) to ensure independence in bandwidth usage.
The objective of the project is to replace or adapt the current system to:
- Expand compatibility guarantees with other browsers and devices.
- Enable the functionality of sending files via WebRTC.
- Avoid the current problems before the interruption of a streaming screen sharing using the browser option instead of the JS application's own button.
- Improve the interactions of the elements on the screen, the actions to minimize video, restore video, full screen.
- Study the possibility of preparing a new version of the client on Angular or React.