To transfer 2 separate .NET websites and all sub-domains to a new server with zero disruption to current services. (Websites will be provided at a later stage)
MICROSOFT ASP. NET
Microsoft Visual Studio 2012
Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 SP1
The expectation is for the successful developer to have a University degree in the above and many year’s experience with the exact coding language.
The back-end is complex and everything is automated. It is linked to PayPal with multiple different subscribers for different services, automatically becoming a subscriber to a particular service when they pay via PayPal, and automatically ceasing to receive the service once their subscription date ends if they don't make their recurring payment.
Everything is automated, nothing is manual. They receive info via SMS, e-mail & member login.
Candidate must offer plenty of experience in dealing with such complexity.
Vitally you must also have experience in transferring a website to a new server/hosting provider.
The following items will be required as part of the transfer. We would be looking for the successful candidate to advise in relation to this.
1) Hire of a Windows Server 2012 (minimum) – either from Rackspace or an equivalent hosting provider. This is also referred to as FTP. Require a Windows Server 2012 Licence.
2) A Microsoft SQL Server 2012 or 2016. However might need to convert over from 2012 to 2016 if get a later version, so you will need to know how to do this if that's the case.
3) SSL Certificate Licence for websites
4) SMTP Server (Mail) – If this is not done / not configured correctly then we will be put into a blacklist and not able to send out e-mails
5) Subdomain protocol – subdomain portal capability
Current owner of the websites and his developer have agreed to support the transfer in good faith helping to answer reasonable queries and provide reasonable advice to resolve issues before, during and after the transfer.
However the expectation is the successful candidate has the experience and skills to be able to complete the project with minimal guidance.
At the time of the transfer the current developer will do the following:
He will pass on 3 'packages':
1) Front end website: Microsoft Visual Studio 2012. .net 4.5 (www / http) and all code
2) Back End – Visual Studio 2008 SP1 .net 2.0 (portal, HTTPS / control panel) and all code
3) Database file in .BAK. That is the last one that is passed.
Website ‘A’ will be done first, and then Website ‘B’ later, or vice versa, but not simultaneously to reduce transfer risk.
Would like to explore the possibility to merge website ‘A’ and website ‘B’ with it and run them all on the one site. This will depend on cost and complexity.
The Paypal back-end needs to be repointed to the server, this must be tested thoroughly to ensure it all works flawlessly.
Service/Hosting etc will not be cancelled or shut off by the existing developer until we confirm in writing all is working ok on our side.
Website ‘A’ and website ‘B’ are sitting on the current existing Rackspace server.
If you want to use it, you have to use a Fixed IP to point to the new server to test.
We have been advised once the domain is passed to our new server or the domain released to us, it could take around 4 days.
GENERAL INFORMATION & REQUIREMENTS
1) The company and websites are based in Australia;
2) An excellent grasp of the English language is critical;
3) Must be able to work AEDST and the flexibility to work outside these hours as required;
4) Must be able to complete task with minimal guidance, zero risk and downtime to our business and websites;
5) Commencement will be within 7 days;
6) Ongoing support following completion of the transfer will be available to us.