We scan patient paper work using the attached program/source code. It creates PDF files. The system is designed so that we:
1. Enter a patient number (1234)
2. Press SCAN
3. Twain box appears giving us the option to change default settings (from simplex to duplex)
4. Press SCAN (on twain box). Keep in mind we may be scanning single or multiple pages.
5. Preview window appears so we can verify pages (make sure they look good and are all facing the same way, etc)
6. Press PROCESS.
7. Software then looks in default directory for subdirectory 1234 for a file named 1234.pdf. If [url removed, login to view] exists, then it appends scan to end. If subdirectory does not exist it creates it and names scan 1234.pdf. If subdirectory exists, but no [url removed, login to view] then it creates it.
A few notes.
I have attached the code from the software we have been using for years. We love the software and it worked perfectly on our machines back in the XP days. However, the software has intermittent issues with windows 7 and newer. These issues include freezing and errors. A common error is “[url removed, login to view] has stopped working”.
I am open to new code or rewrite of the existing code. Either way, we would like the software to look and function in a similar manner. Obviously, I want not to work flawlessly on a variety of machines running windows 7 and newer.
We will need a place to store a default directory location. This must be protected from accidentally changing the file. This is to prevent accidents; it is not meant as security. We’ll need a CHANGE location button or similar.
It is possible, but unlikely that 2 people could try to access the same PDF file at the same time, so some type of locking is needed.
We use primarily Fujitsu scanners, but mix in some HP as well.
No TeamViewer or screen sharing is allowed on our systems. Please test completely as possible.
Hi, I have gone through source code. I believe it needed to be rewritten. I can do write full source code in C# keeping same functionality. Let's discuss it more and start work.
I took a breath and said "I can't say that I'm the best person for the job, because I haven't met and won't meet the other applicants. I can tell you why I think I'm qualified, if that would be helpful."