We need a basic framework for a 3D multiplayer game.
Available software: Visual C++ 2008, 3DS Max, IrrEdit, Valve Hammer Editor, PhotoShop CS3
Client engines: Irrlicht, PhysX, RakNet
Server engines: RakNet
* Design method for creating huge scenes, and having them loaded in chunks depending on the location of the player. Ex. Using heightmaps for terrain and BSP maps for city areas.
* Player control - movement, actions, switch between first-person and 3rd-person.
* Vehicle control - cars, buses, planes etc. Multiple people can get into vehicles.
* Chat system - public & friends. Gang multi-person chatrooms.
* Communicate with server for multiplayer format.
* Weapons control.
* Item system.
* Clothing system.
* Enterable buildings.
* Multi-user support.
* Handle all processes client-server processes.
* Server cluster to control different parts of the world, running under a master server to connect to databases etc.
* Support for web admin interface
Separate compilable examples must be made using the framework you create. Graphics will be provided for these examples.
NOTE: WE ONLY NEED A FRAMEWORK TO PROGRAM THE GAME FROM. We're after a system very similar to that of San Andreas Multiplayer ([url removed, login to view]), so please check that out for a feature list.
Payment will be made via escrow only. We're looking for a company / freelancer who is willing to do more work after this.