We have an existing monolith PHP application that we would like to package into Docker container(s) and have those containers made easily deployable into multiple different environments.
The application itself has some well-defined system requirements, and we have an Ansible playbook that could be used as a guide to configure the containers. We have in fact attempted this ourselves with some success, but are now looking for a more robust end to end solution.
Ideally, we would like the following requirements met:
* The ability to build a container from a specific tag and deploy as many of these as are required to production behind a single hostname.
* The ability to build a container from a specific branch and deploy it standalone to a QA environment with a unique hostname.
* The ability to have these same containers deployed to a CI testing environment where our integration tests could run against them.
* The ability to build and run a container locally for development purposes and have all the code accessible on the local machine.
*The entire system (building & deploying) should have a simple command-line interface that can be run locally.
We would require that the overall architecture was documented and reasons for why certain technology or approaches to technology were used.
More specific requirements and a more detailed overview of our current infrastructure will be made available to the right candidate and you will be working closely with two of our Software Architects to come up with a complete solution.
Hi, I am an experienced DevOps engineer with AWS certifications. I have worked on Docker and other tools like Jenkins, chef, terraform etc. We can discuss your requirements.
1. Create a docker image 2. Create a ansible file to configure environment 3. Deploy the application using ansible playbook. 4. Entire integrations and testing can be implemented in scripted pipeline.