We need a professional team of artists that will deliver when they say they are going to, and that has a good solid eye for quality.
We will want to see the following before engaging with any team ...
* A solid portfolio of work (10+ designs)
* First class photoshop skills
* At least 10 projects on vWorker and a rating of 9.5 or greater
* Very good written English
* Very good technical understanding (a team with programming expertise would be great)
The biggest problems we have with outsourced art at the moment are ...
* We probably only think that one out of every 5 designs we get looks professional. This is nothing to do with taste ... they are just missing the attention to detail that makes a slick design
* We often have to ask multiple times for changes to be made
* There are often spelling mistakes in the designs we get
* Artwork often uses Photoshop effects that will not work properly when sliced and turned into HTML.
We don't expect perfection first time round, and we know that everyone makes mistakes but we want somebody that will take the time to listen and check their work properly.
We have a very small project to test the new team initially, but there is more to follow if this is completed successfully and we would like this to develop into a long term relationship :-)
* * *This broadcast message was sent to all bidders on Friday Aug 5, 2011 7:49:08 AM:
Hi guys ... many thanks for your interest. Just to clarify a few points ... 1. You must have experience of web design 2. If you don't post a link to your portfolio (with 10+ designs), I can't consider you 3. There is no point in bidding until I have looked at your portfolio and spoken to you. You won't know what the job is until then :-)
* * *This broadcast message was sent to all bidders on Tuesday Aug 9, 2011 6:25:10 AM:
Hi guys ... Many thanks for all of the great portfolios submitted. I really appreciate everyone's time. I have asked a team (Turbosoft Technologies) to bid on the initial test project. If you are one of the other teams shortlisted (I have contacted all of the teams in question), I have added you to my list of art teams, and may be in touch if things don't work out with my first choice here, or on future projects. Kind regards Mick