Our project is IPTV UDP MULTICAST on our network. We already have udp multicast streams. (about 150 channels) .
Our curent working setup for android STB is HAL LAUNCHER ([url removed, login to view])
and for player the free version:
[url removed, login to view]
We don't have middleware server. the channel list and EPG (.xml) is accessed using an URL.
Authorisation of client is based on MAC/IP and also for suspending we remove the multicast vlan from the coresponding switch port.
What we want to change:
- we don't want to relay on this free app's (launcher and player) for the stable solution.
- we need a complete / tested solution for our needs so we can customize and integrate in the android firmware
Past experience with iptv multicast for android app is a requirment
The budget listed include a basic middleware solution. without middleware please expect less.
ABOUT THE PLAYER:
1. Parse XML playlist file / XMLTV or other EGP file
2. Player must be able to select the preferred PIDs to play for audio and subtitle
( in order: RO, EN, etc... can be provided into the XML playlist file )
3. The application (player) should auto-run on boot and open last watched channel. In the player's menu should be a button "Applications" who takes to the default launcher where all app's are, includin the shortcut to go back to player.
4. It will be nice that the STB makes periodic ( let's say each 5 minutes )
calls to our API and tells what it is playing.
5. Each STB will have a hardcoded ID in a file into the firmware, using this ID the
player must make a API call to our server in order to permit or deny access (
using SSL encrypted connection )
6. Ability to do remote player upgrade -- very important.
7. Ability to send notification to end user ( in form of a splash screen
that the user can confirm ). It can be done with a API call on startup or
channel change, if the STB found a new notification then it will show it
and return to us the user choice.
8. Time shifting/record local or on our server when user hit Pause button / this option should be available only for some channels at our choice. (some tv station don't allow time shifting) – this item is optional.
- Video streams is encoded in MPEG2, MPEG4, [url removed, login to view], SD and HD
- Audio Streams is encoded in mpeg1, mpeg2, ac3, dts
Thank you all
Hello read all the requirements you need in your application just see my previous work in personal chat and we can have more discussion.working on android devlopment from last 6 years. Regards Sorabh